This Security Guide document provides a reference to the security and the compliance features in VMware Cloud Director Availability™.
To aid with protecting the VMware Cloud Director Availability installation, the Security Guide describes the security features in VMware Cloud Director Availability and the measures to take to protect the disaster recovery infrastructure from threats.
- External interfaces, ports, and services required for the correct operation of the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliances.
- The network connectivity between the services and between paired sites.
- The locations on the appliance filesystem of the configuration files for the services.
- The configuration properties of the services with security compliance implications.
- The locations on the appliance filesystem and the purposes of the log files of the services.
- The root account privileges, the required system user accounts permissions, and the required rights in both VMware Cloud Director™ and in VMware vCenter Server® for their user roles.
- The files locations for the open-source license and for VMware General Terms.
- Obtaining the latest security updates by upgrading the cloud and the on-premises VMware Cloud Director Availability sites.
The Security Guide is intended for cloud architects, infrastructure administrators, cloud administrators, and cloud operators using VMware Cloud Director Availability in a disaster recovery environment that complies with the requirements for capacity, scalability, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
VMware software familiarity is required. The Security Guide introduces security and compliance as it relates to the VMware Cloud Director Availability solution.