For the cloud to cloud replications, you can specify the automatically discovered network settings of the vApp or virtual machine. After performing a migration, failover, or a test failover, VMware Cloud Director Availability attaches the selected network settings in the destination cloud site.
- Routed vApp networks and vApp network services for virtual data centers backed by NSX.
- DHCP service on vApp isolated networks.
|Original Network Mapping
|Reverse Replication Network Mapping
|If no destination network match for the reversed replication network is found.
|No change. Keep the auto-resolved mapping of the source networks.
|Alternatively, if multiple source networks connect to one destination network.
|If a matching destination network for the reversed replication network is found.
|Reverse the original network mapping, preserving the protected vApp configuration for connection to destination networks.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.6 or later is deployed in both cloud sites for replicating routed vApp networks with error-free automatic destination network mapping or for replicating the DHCP configuration on isolated networks.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant or as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- To configure their destination network settings, select one or more cloud to cloud replications and click .
- In the Recovery settings window, configure the destination network settings of the selected replications.
- For migration and failover network settings, click the Migrate/failover tab.
- Alternatively, for test failover network settings, click the Test tab.
For information about Guest customization, see Configure recovery settings and guest customization.
- In the left pane, click Networks.
- In the left pane, click Nics.
To see the number of the virtual machines and their NICs, expand the name of the parent vApp then expand each NIC. For each NIC, the network resolution, by default selected as Automatic means the source network gateway matches the destination gateway. Alternatively, select an organization VDC network to connect to. Status To activate the connection for that NIC to the destination organization VDC network, select the Connect at Power On check box. State Select the primary NIC for each virtual machine. MAC Address To reset the MAC address of the expanded NIC in the destination site, from the drop-down menu select Reset. IP Address
- None selected by default, no IP addressing mode is specified.
- Static - IP POOL select to obtain an IP address for the expanded NIC from an IP pool in the destination network. To commit the IP address changes to the virtual machine guest OS, click Guest customization.
- DHCP select to obtain an IP address for the expanded NIC when the connected destination network is configured with a DHCP server.
- Static - Manual select to enter a static IP address to the expanded NIC. To commit the IP address changes to the virtual machine guest OS, click Guest customization.
- Click Apply.