From the local site, as a tenant you can manage VMware Cloud Director Availability objects in remote sites, after in the local site you extend the session to the remote sites by authenticating, by using the available authentication methods.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- Verify that in both the local and the remote organizations, the tenant user has Organization Administrator privileges assigned, to perform replication operations on the remote site. For information about the required user roles privileges, see Users roles rights and sessions in the Security Guide.
- Verify that the remote cloud site is paired. For information about managing paired sites, see Managing pairing with Cloud Director sites in the Administration Guide.
- In the left pane, click Peer Sites.
- On the Peer Sites page, select the remote site you want to authenticate to, then click Login.
- In the Log In window, you can select another authentication method supported by the the remote site from the Other authentication methods drop-down menu and provide the authentication details, then click Login.