Before you install, configure and upgrade VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension, it is necessary to prepare your environment. The following list outlines the conditions that must be in place for VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension to operate.
- Ensure the organization virtual data centers that host tenant clusters have outbound internet connectivity.
- Ensure that you preconfigure a routed organization virtual data center network to allow you to create Kubernetes clusters. For more information, see Add a Routed Organization Virtual Data Center Network.
- Ensure VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension server can access the public VMware Cloud Director API endpoint.
- Refer to VMware Ports and Protocols to discover what ports must be open for VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension to operate.
- Ensure that you preconfigure VMware NSX® Advanced Load Balancer™, VMware NSX®Cloud, and NSX Advanced Load Balancer Service Engine Group as outlined in Managing NSX Advanced Load Balancing. This is required to support the LoadBalancers that are deployed by the CPI of VMware Cloud Director. For more information see Kubernetes External Cloud Provider for VMware Cloud Director.
- It is necessary to have Independent Shared Named Disks, a feature of VMware Cloud Director to support Tanzu Kubernetes Grid cluster operations. For more information on named disks, see Creating and Using Named Disks. This feature is used by Container Storage Interface driver for VMware Cloud Director Named Independent Disks.