This section details how to create a catalog in VMware Cloud Director, and upload VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension OVA files that you downloaded in the last step into these catalogs. You can use VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension server file for VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension instantiation, and the Kubernetes Template OVA file to share with tenant organizations for Tanzu Kubernetes Grid cluster creation.
Ensure you download the following two OVA files:
- VMware Cloud Director Container Service Extension Server OVA file
- Kubernetes Template OVA file
For more information, see Download OVA Files.
- Log in to VMware Cloud Director and from the top navigation bar, select .
- Click .
- In VMware Cloud Director UI, select an organization, and click Go to Catalogs.
- Select New, enter the name and, optionally, a description of the catalog.
Note: It is recommended to have separate catalogs for each type of OVA file.
- Click OK.
- To upload OVA files, select a catalog, and from the left column, select .
- Click the Upload icon to browse to a location accessible from your computer, and select the OVA file.
- Review the details of the OVA file and click Next.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
The OVA files appear in a new catalog in VMware Cloud Director.