Versioning is a means of keeping multiple versions of an object in the same bucket. You use versioning to preserve, retrieve, and restore every version of every object stored in your buckets. With versioning, you can easily recover from both unintended user actions and application failures.
You enable and disable versioning at the bucket level. You can enable or disable versioning during the creation of a bucket, or you can edit the versioning configuration later. By default, versioning is disabled.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can manage the versioning configuration for the buckets that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can manage the versioning configuration for the buckets that you own.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the main menu (), select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, click the name of the bucket that you want to edit.
- Click Properties.
- In the Versioning section, use the toggle button to enable or disable versioning.