By reusing an AWS account, you use an existing AWS account that is not associated with a VMware Cloud Director organization from the AWS root organization pool to provide access to VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension to a VMware Cloud Director organization user.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director cloud provider admin portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- On the Tenants tab, click the name of the tenant organization within which you want to reuse an AWS account.
- In the storage platform card, click Manage Account.
- Select Reuse and click Next.
- From the drop-down menu, select the AWS account that you want to reuse.
- (Optional) To clean up all existing buckets of the account, select the check box.
Cleaning up buckets and objects from AWS S3 is time consuming. You can close the dialog box and come back to the Tenants tab to review the progress.Note: If the cleanup operation fails, resetting the AWS account fails as well.
- Click Assign.
Configuring a reuse of an AWS account takes a few minutes.
- (Optional) To retrieve the latest status of the account reuse configuration, click Sync Status.
Once the reused account is configured, the organization user can start using VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension with AWS S3.