When onboarding VMware Cloud Director organization users to AWS, you can create a new AWS account with an email and appoint it as the owner of the VMware Cloud Director tenant organization.
When you create a new user account, you only need a valid email address of the user for which you want to create an AWS account. VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension creates the AWS user account, assigns all required permissions, and activates AWS S3 for the user account.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension is inactive for the VMware Cloud Director organization within which you want to create a user account.
- Verify that the email of the user that you want to onboard does not already have an AWS account.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director cloud provider admin portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- On the Tenants tab, click the name of the tenant organization within which you want to create an AWS account.
- In the storage platform card, click Manage Account.
- Select Create and click Next.
- Enter the email address for the AWS user account and click Create.
Creating and configuring the AWS account takes a few minutes.
- (Optional) To retrieve the latest status of the account creation and configuration, click Sync Status.