When you publish a catalog, you make the catalog available for a subscription from VMware Cloud Director.
When you publish a catalog, VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension creates JSON files that contain all metadata and descriptors which the VMware Cloud Director catalogs require for an external subscription. For more information, see Subscribe to an External Catalog.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can publish all catalogs that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, to publish a catalog, you must be the catalog owner.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Catalogs pane, click the name of the catalog that you want to publish and click Publish.
- Note the subscription URL and password, as you need them to configure the subscription in the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- Click OK.
What to do next
After the catalog publishing task completes, you can configure the subscription to the catalog.