Versioning is a means of keeping multiple versions of an object in the same bucket. You use versioning to preserve, retrieve, and restore every version of every object stored in your buckets. With versioning, you can easily recover from both unintended user actions and application failures.
You activate and deactivate versioning at the bucket level. You can activate or deactivate versioning during the creation of a bucket, or you can edit the versioning configuration later. By default, versioning is inactive.
When you create a bucket, you can optionally activate the object lock feature. If the feature is active, versioning for the bucket is also active. If the object lock feature is active for a bucket, you cannot deactivate versioning for the bucket.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can manage the versioning configuration for the buckets that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can manage the versioning configuration for the buckets that you own.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, click the name of the bucket that you want to edit.
- Click Properties.
- In the Versioning section, use the toggle button to activate or deactivate versioning.