To clean up the inventory of VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension and to free storage space, you can empty a catalog. By emptying a catalog, you delete all objects from the catalog.
- Verify that you have the required set of rights to empty a catalog.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can empty all catalogs that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, to empty a catalog, you must be the catalog owner.
- Verify that the catalog you want to empty is not published. You cannot delete catalogs that are published for an external subscription.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Catalogs pane, click the vertical ellipsis icon ( ) next to the catalog that you want to empty.
- Click Empty and confirm the operation.