You can export vApps to VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension directly from VMware Cloud Director using the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- Verify that you have the required set of rights to export vApps.
- If you are an organization administrator, you have all required VMware Cloud Director rights to manage vApps.
- If you are an organization user, verify that you have the vApp: View VM Metrics and vApp: Download rights assigned to your user account in VMware Cloud Director.
- Verify that the vApp you want to export is powered off.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- Navigate to .
- From the Actions drop-down menu of the vApp that you want to export, select Export to Object Storage and click Export.