Templates are the folders within catalogs in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension.
For every OVA file that you upload, VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension creates a folder with the OVA filename and extracts the OVF, MF, and VMDK files to the folder.
You can also manually create a template within a catalog and upload OVF and VMDK files to that folder.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can create templates in all catalogs that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can create templates in catalogs that you own.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Catalogs pane, click the name of the catalog in which you want to create a template.
- Click Create Template, enter a name for the template, and confirm the creation.