You can preview a list of file formats directly from the VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension tenant portal.
- Image files, such as JPEG, PNG, and GIF
- Text files, such as plain text, HTML, XML, and JSON
- Portable Document Format files (PDF)
- Audio and video files, such as MP4, MPEG, WAV, WebM
If versioning is active for the bucket that stores the object that you want to preview, you can preview a specific version of the object.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can preview all objects owned by or shared with users within your organization.
- If you are an organization user, you can preview objects that you own or that are shared with you. As an organization user, to preview objects, Read of Object permissions on the object must be assigned to your user account.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, navigate to the bucket or folder that stores the object you want to preview.
- If you want to preview an earlier version of the object, display all versions of the object by using the Show Versions toggle button.
- Click the name of the object or the object version that you want to preview.
- Click Preview.
A preview of the object appears in the VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension tenant portal.