To improve the categorization of objects in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension, bucket owners can optionally add tags to individual objects. As a bucket owner, you can also add properties to objects by adding user-defined metadata. Both the object tags and the object metadata represent a key-value pair.
You cannot edit the metadata of bucket log objects owned by the System Logger account.
- Verify that you have the required set of rights to add tags to an object.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can add tags to objects that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can add tags to objects, if you are the owner of the bucket that stores the object.
- Verify that you have the required set of rights to edit the metadata of an object.
- If you are an organization administrator, to add metadata to an object, make sure that the object owner has Write of Bucket permissions on the bucket that stores the object.
- If you are an organization user, to add metadata to an object, you must be the object owner and your user account must have Write of Bucket permissions.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, navigate to the bucket or folder that stores the object that you want to edit.
- Click the name of the object that you want to edit.
- Add a tag to the object
- Click the link in the Tags section.
- Enter a key-value for the tag.
- Click Save.
- Add metadata to the object.
- Click the link in the Metadata section.
- Enter a key-value for the metadata entry.
- To indicate that you understand the effect of adding metadata to an object, select the check box.
- Click Save.