You can import vApps from VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension directly to VMware Cloud Director using the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- Verify that you have the required set of rights to import vApps.
- If you are an organization administrator, you have all required VMware Cloud Director rights to manage vApps.
- If you are an organization user, verify that you have the vApp: View VM Metrics and vApp: Download rights assigned to your user account in VMware Cloud Director.
- Verify that the vApp you want to import is powered off.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- Navigate to .
- From the Actions drop-down menu of the vApp that you want to import, select Import from Object Storage.
If multiple snapshots of the vApp are available, click Import next to the snapshot that you want to import.
- Select one of the following options:
Option Description Import as New You are transferred to the Restore vApp to Cloud Director page in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension. You can optionally change the name and the target virtual data center for the restored vApp. Click Restore .
The vApp is then imported to VMware Cloud Director as a new vApp.
Replace Current The existing vApp in VMware Cloud Directoris replaced with a vApp from VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension.
- Click Import.