To clean up the inventory of VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension and to free storage space, you can empty a bucket. By emptying a bucket, you delete all objects from the bucket at once and preserve the access control configuration of the bucket.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can empty buckets that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can delete a bucket if you are the owner of the bucket, or the owner must assign to your user account Bucket Read and Bucket Write permissions on the bucket.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, select the bucket that you want to empty.
- Click Empty.
- If versioning is active for the bucket, you can optionally select the All versions check box, so that all versions of all objects in the bucket are deleted.
If you do not select the check box, you delete only the latest versions of the objects in the bucket.
- To confirm the operation, click Empty.