You can share VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension catalogs with other users within your organization or publicly over the Internet.
- Verify that you have the required set of rights to share a catalog.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can share all catalogs that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, to share a catalog, you must be the catalog owner.
- Verify that the catalog you want to share is published. You cannot share catalogs that are not published.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Catalogs pane, click the name of the catalog that you want to share.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, select Share.
- Select the sharing status for the catalog and click Set Sharing Status.
Option Description Private Only the object owner and the organization administrator can manage the catalog in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension. Tenant Grants all users within the same organization with Read permissions on the catalog.
If you use the ECS storage platform, this option is not available.
Public Grants all users with Read permissions on the catalog.