To free storage space in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension, you can delete the objects that you no longer need. You can delete multiple objects simultaneously.
After you delete an object from VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension, you cannot restore it.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can delete objects that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, to delete an object, you must be the owner of the object, or the owner must assign Read of Bucket and Write of Bucket permissions on the bucket that stores the object to your user account.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, navigate to the bucket or folder that stores the objects that you want to delete.
- If you want to delete a specific version of an object, display all versions of the object by using the Show Versions toggle button.
- Select the object or the object version that you want to delete.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, select Delete and confirm the deletion.