Canned access control lists are predefined, built-in access control lists that you can use to share objects within your organization or publicly over the Internet.
Note: Setting a canned access control list to an object overwrites existing permissions configuration for the object.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can share objects that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can share objects, if you are the owner of the object, or the owner must assign either Full Control, or Read of ACL and Write of ACL permissions on the object.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, navigate to the bucket or folder in which the object that you want to share resides.
- If you want to share a specific version of the object, display all versions of the object by using the Show Versions toggle button.
- Click the name of the object or the object version that you want to share.
- On the Permissions tab, click Set Canned ACL.
- Select a canned access control list name for the object and click Set ACL.
Option Description Private Only the object owner and the organization administrator can access the object. Public Read Grants read permissions on the object to all users and makes the object public. Public Read/Write Grants Read and Write permissions on the object to all users. Authenticated Users Read Grants Read permissions to all authenticated VMware Cloud Director users. Bucket Owner Read Grants Read permissions on the object to the bucket owner. Bucket Owner Full-Control Grants Full Control permissions on the object to the bucket owner. Tenant Read Grants Read permissions on the object to all users that belong to the tenant organization.
If you use AWS S3, this option is not available.