You can restore objects belonging to AWS S3 Glacier and Glacier Deep storage classes.
AWS S3 objects belong to one of four storage classes: Standard, Intelligent, Glacier and Glacier Deep. You can access objects from the Standard and Intelligent storage classes directly at any time. Objects from the Glacier and Glacier Deep storage classes are archived. To access them, you must restore them first.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can restore all objects owned by or shared with users within your organization.
- If you are an organization user, to restore objects, you must be the owner of the object, or Read of Object permissions must be assigned to your user account.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, navigate to the bucket or folder that stores the object that you want to restore.
- Click the Show Versions toggle button to display all versions of the object.
- Click the ellipsis-vertical icon () next to the version of the object that you want to restore and click Initiate Restore.
- Enter the duration for the availability of the restored object, select the retrieval tier, and click Restore.
After the restore operation completes, you can access the object during the predefined availability period. To update the period, initiate a new restore operation.