You can share vApps that are stored in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension with other users within your organization or publicly over the Internet.
You can share one vApp at a time.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can share all vApps that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, to share a vApp as, you must be the vApp owner.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the vApps pane, click the vertical ellipsis icon ( ) next to the vApp that you want to share and click Share.
- Select the sharing status for the vApp and click Set Sharing Status.
Option Description Private Only the object owner and the organization administrator can manage the vApp in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension. Tenant Grants read permissions for the vApp to all users within the same organization.
If you use the ECS storage platform, this option is not available.
Public Grants read permissions for the vApp to all users.