To back up your cluster, you must activate the backup protection. You can set a schedule to automatically kickoff backups at recurring intervals.
Activate the backup protection to start backing up your Kubernetes clusters. If you don't activate the Backup Schedule, the backup agent is deployed, but the cluster is not protected and no backup can be created. You can still edit the backup schedule later or do an on-demand backup.
- To back up vSphere persistent backup volumes, you must install the Velero vSphere Plugin first - https://github.com/vmware-tanzu/velero-plugin-for-vsphere.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- Click Kubernetes Clusters and then Unprotected Clusters.
- Select the Kubernetes cluster that you want to back up and click Start Protection.
- Click the Backup Schedule toggle switch to activate the scheduled backup.
- Enter the Backup Frequency and Backup TTL.
- Select the Backup Scope.
- Select the Backup Volume if needed.
- Click Save.