If you created a catalog in VMware Cloud Director Object Storage Extension and uploaded media files to the catalog, you can add the catalog to the libraries of VMware Cloud Director. When you import a catalog to VMware Cloud Director, organization users can work with the catalog contents directly in VMware Cloud Director.
- As an organization administrator, you have all required VMware Cloud Director rights to manage catalogs.
- As an organization user, verify that you have the following rights assigned to your user account in VMware Cloud Director:
- Catalog: Create / Delete a Catalog
- Organization vDC: View
- Organization vDC Network: View Properties
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Catalogs pane, click the name of the catalog that you want to import and click Add to libraries.
- (Optional) Change the catalog name.
The name that you enter is used as the catalog name in VMware Cloud Director.
- To start the process, click Add to libraries.
After the task completes, you can start using the objects in the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.