You activate the object lock feature during the creation of a bucket.
If you do not activate the object lock feature during the creation of a bucket, you cannot activate the feature for this bucket.
If you use Dell EMC ECS, you cannot use the object lock feature.
If you use Cloudian HyperStore, object lock license is required.
- If you are an organization administrator, you can edit the object lock configuration for the buckets that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you can edit the object lock configuration for the buckets that you own.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, click the name of the bucket that you want to edit.
- On the Properties tab, click Edit in the Object Lock card.
- Select the retention mode.
Option Description Governance Mode A user with specific permissions can preview the retention policy. Compliance Mode The retention policy is not displayed to any user. No Retention Does not require the selection of a retention period. If you select this option, you can define the retention period later.
- Select the retention period and click Save.