To share an object with specific users within or outside of your organization, you can create a custom access control list for the object that you want to share.
|Full Control||Grants Read permissions on the object and Read, and Write permissions on the access control list of the object.|
|Read of Object||Grants Read permissions for the object.|
|Read of ACL||Grants Read permissions for the access control list of the object.|
|Write of ACL||Grants Write permissions for the access control list of the object.|
- If you are an organization administrator, you can share objects that users in your organization own.
- If you are an organization user, you must be the owner of the object, or the owner must assign to your user account either Full Control, or Read of ACL and Write of ACL permissions on the object.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Object Storage.
- In the Buckets pane, navigate to the bucket or folder that stores the object that you want to share.
- If you want to share a specific version of the object, display all versions of the object by using the Show Versions toggle button.
- Click the name of the object or the object version that you want to share.
- On the Permissions tab, click Edit.
- Configure the required set of permissions on the object and click Save.
- To share the object with users from your tenant organization, use the toggle buttons in the Tenant Users row. If you use ECS or AWS S3, this option is not available.
- To share the object with authenticated users from all tenant organizations, use the toggle buttons in the Authenticated Users row.
- To share the object with all users, use the toggle buttons in the Public row.
- To share the object with a specific user within your organization, click the Add User button, select the user from the drop-down menu, or enter the organization user name of the user, and use the toggle buttons in the corresponding row.