If you want vCloud Director to use this vCenter Server instance with its associated NSX Manager instance, you must add NSX Manager access details.
- On the NSX-V Manager Settings page, leave the Configure Settings toggle turned on.
- Enter the URL of the NSX Manager instance.
If the default port is used, you can skip the port number. If a custom port is used, include the port numberFor example, https://FQDN_or_IP_address:<custom_port_number>.
- Enter the user name and password of the NSX administrator account.
- (Optional) То enable cross-virtual data center networking for the virtual data centers backed by this vCenter Server instance, turn on the Cross-VDC networking toggle, and enter the control VM deployment properties and a name for the network provider scope.
The control VM deployment properties are used for deploying an appliance on the NSX Manager instance for cross-virtual data center networking components like a universal router.
Option Description Resource Pool Path
The hierarchical path to a specific resource pool in the vCenter Server instance, starting from the cluster, Cluster/Resource_Pool_Parent/Target_Resource . For example, TestbedCluster1/mgmt-rp.
As an alternative, you can enter the Managed Object Reference ID of the resource pool. For example, resgroup-1476.
Datastore Name The name of the datastore to host the appliance files. For example, shared-disk-1. Management Interface The name of the network in vCenter Server or port group used for the HA DLR management interface. For example, TestbedPG1. Network Provider Scope Corresponds to the network fault domain in the network topologies of the data center groups. For example, boston-fault1.
For information about managing cross-virtual data center groups, see the vCloud Director Tenant Portal Guide.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review the registration details and click Finish.