By default the router only shares routes with other routers running the same protocol. When you have configured a multi-protocol environment, you must configure route redistribution to have cross-protocol route sharing. You can configure route redistribution for an NSX Data Center for vSphere edge gateway.
- Open Edge Gateway Services.
- From the main menu (), select Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the target edge gateway, and click Services.
- Navigate to .
- Use the protocol toggles to turn on those protocols for which you want to enable route redistribution.
- Add IP prefixes to the on-screen table.
- Click the Add () button.
- Type a name and the IP address of the network in CIDR format.
- Click Keep.
- Specify redistribution criteria for each IP prefix by clicking the Add () button, specifying the criteria in the dialog box, and clicking Keep.
Entries in the table are processed sequentially. Use the up and down arrows to adjust the sequence.
Option Description Prefix Name Select a specific IP prefix to apply this criteria to or select Any to apply the criteria to all network routes. Learner Protocol Select the protocol that is to learn routes from other protocols under this redistribution criteria. Allow learning from Select the types of networks from which routes can be learned for the protocol selected in the Learner Protocol list. Action Select whether to permit or deny redistribution from the selected types of networks.
- Click Save changes.