Global load balancer configuration parameters include overall enablement, selection of the layer 4 or layer 7 engine, and specification of the types of events to log.
- Open Edge Gateway Services.
- From the main menu (), select Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways.
- Click the radio button next to the name of the target edge gateway, and click Services.
- Navigate to Load Balancer > Global Configuration.
- Select the options you want to enable:
Option Action Status Enable the load balancer by clicking the toggle icon.
Enable Acceleration Enabled to configure the load balancer to use the faster L4 engine rather than L7 engine. The L4 TCP VIP is processed before the edge gateway firewall so no Allow firewall rule is required.Note:
L7 VIPs for HTTP and HTTPS are processed after the firewall, so when you do not enable acceleration, an edge gateway firewall rule must exist to allow access to the L7 VIP for those protocols. When you enable acceleration, and the server pool is in a non-transparent mode, a SNAT rule is added, so you must ensure that the firewall is enabled on the edge gateway.
Enable Logging Enable logging so that the edge gateway load balancer collects traffic logs. Log Level Choose the severity of events to be collected in the logs.
- Click Save changes.
The save operation can take a minute to complete.
What to do next
Configure application profiles for the load balancer. See Create an Application Profile.