To add a vCenter Server instance, you enter the vCenter Server access details.
- From the main menu (), select vSphere Resources.
- In the left pane, click vCenters and click Add.
- If you have a multisite vCloud Director deployment, from the Site drop-don menu, select the site to which you want to add this vCenter Server instance, and click Next.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the vCenter Server instance in vCloud Director.
- Enter the URL of the vCenter Server instance.
If the default port is used, you can skip the port number. If a custom port is used, include the port numberFor example, https://FQDN_or_IP_address:<custom_port_number>.
- Enter the user name and password of the vCenter Server administrator account.
- (Optional) To disable the vCenter Server instance after the registration, turn off the Enabled toggle.
- Configure the URL of the vCenter Server Web Client.
Option Description Use vSphere Services to provide URL To use this option, you must use the vCloud API to configure vCloud Director to use the vSphere Lookup Service. vSphere Web Client URL To use this option, you must enter the URL of the vSphere Web Client. For example, https://example.vmware.com/vsphere-client.
- If you want to add a tenant dedicated vCenter Server that will not be used as a provider VDC, turn on the Enable tenant access toggle.
- Click Next.
- (Optional) Skip adding the NSX Manager instance that is associated with the vCenter Server instance, and finish the registration.
If you want vCloud Director to use this vCenter Server instance with an NSX-T Manager instance, you must add the vCenter Server instance alone.Note: You cannot add the associated NSX Manager instance at a later stage. You can unregister and attach again the vCenter Server instance together with its associated NSX Manager instance.
- On the NSX-V Manager Settings page, turn off the Configure Settings toggle, and click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review the registration details and click Finish.