You can add a VM storage policy to a provider virtual data center, after which you can configure organization virtual data centers backed by this provider virtual data center to support the added storage policy.
- Your vSphere administrator created the target VM storage policy. For information about Storage Policy Based Management (SPBM), see the vSphere Storage documentation.
- Refresh the Storage Policies of a vCenter Server Instance.
- From the main menu (), select Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Provider VDCs, and click the name of the target provider virtual data center.
- On the Storage Policies tab, click Add.
- Select one or more storage policies that you want to add, and click Add.
If you select * (Any), vCloud Director dynamically adds and removes datastores as they are added to or removed from the datastore clusters of the provider virtual data center.
What to do next
Configure organization virtual data centers backed by the provider virtual data center to support the storage policy. See Add a VM Storage Policy to an Organization Virtual Data Center.