You can change the name and the description of a provider virtual data center. If the backing resource pool supports a higher virtual hardware version, you can upgrade the highest virtual hardware supported by a provider virtual data center.
- From the main menu (), select Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Provider VDCs, and click the name of the provider virtual data center that you want to modify.
- On the Edit. tab, in the upper right corner, click
- (Optional) Modify the name and the description of the provider virtual data center.
- (Optional) From the drop-down menu, select the highest hardware version supported by this provider virtual data center, and click Save.
The highest version that you can select depends on the ESXi hosts in the resource pool that backs the provider virtual data center.Note: You can only upgrade the hardware version supported by a provider virtual data center. You cannot downgrade the hardware version. The highest supported virtual machine hardware version in vCloud Director 10.0 is version 14.
- Click Save.