To register vSphere VLAN IDs for vCloud Director to use, add a VLAN-backed network pool. A VLAN-backed network pool provides the security, scalability, and performance for organization VDC networks.
Verify that a range of VLAN IDs and a vSphere distributed switch are available in vSphere. The VLAN IDs must be valid IDs that are configured in the physical switch to which the ESXi servers are connected.
- From the main menu (), select Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Network Pools and click New.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the new network pool, and click Next.
- Select VLAN-backed and click Next.
- Select a vCenter Server instance to specify the distributed virtual switch to be used by this network pool and click Next.
- Enter a VLAN ID range and click Next.
- Select a distributed switch for the network pool and click Next.
- Review the network pool settings and click Finish.