You can create a named disk and attach it to a virtual machine at a later stage.
To create a named disk, you must specify its name and size. You can optionally include a description and select a storage profile to be used by the disk.
You must have an organization administrator role or disk owner rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and under Storage, select Named Disks from the left panel.
- Click New.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description of the disk.
- Select the storage policy from the Storage Policy drop-down menu.
- Enter the size of the named disk in bytes.
- Select the bus type and subtype, from the Bus Type and Bus Sub-Type drop-down menus, respectively, and click Save.