You can open a virtual machine console using VMware Remote Console through the vCloud Director Tenant Portal.
- Verify that VMware Remote Console is installed on your local system.
- Make sure that the selected virtual machine is in a powered-on state.
- This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp User role or an equivalent set of rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and select Virtual Machines from the left panel.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, filter the list of virtual machines from the Look in drop-down menu.
- From the Actions menu of the virtual machine, select Launch VM Remote Console.
Note: If you do not have the VMware Remote Console installed, a pop-up window prompts you to either install VMware Remote Console or use the Web console.
The virtual machine console opens as an external virtual remote console.
Note: When you connect to a vCloud Director virtual machine by using VMware Remote Console, you are limited to console interaction only (sending Ctrl+Alt+Del). You cannot perform device operations, power operations, or settings management.