You can use the vCloud Director global search to perform a search by a name or part of a name among the names of the objects in your environment. You can also search for a virtual machine by its IP address if the IP address of the virtual machine is static.
- Data centers
- vApp templates
- Virtual machines
- vApp networks
If a virtual machine uses an IP address assigned by DHCP, the search does not return its IP address. If you want to search for a virtual machine that is with an IP address assigned by DHCP, you must search by name.
By default, you can search only within the objects in your local site. If you have a multisite environment, you can search among multiple sites.
- In the right-upper corner of the vCloud Director tenant portal, click the Search () icon.
- (Optional) Pin the search panel by clicking the Pin () icon.
- In the Search text box, enter a symbol, a part of a name, or IP address by which to search for matching object names or static IP addresses of virtual machines.
- If you use a multisite environment, select the sites within which you want to perform the search.
- Press Enter.
The top five matching results per object type are displayed. The results are sorted alphabetically.
What to do next
- To see more results, if there are any, click Load more under each object type.
- To see more information about a specific object from the search results, point to the object.
- To manage a specific object, for example, to view or modify the settings of an object, click the object. The details about the object display on the left.