You can copy a virtual machine to another vApp. When you copy a virtual machine, the original virtual machine remains in the source vApp.
When you copy a virtual machine, the snapshots are not included in the copy.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp Author role or an equivalent set of rights.
Power off the VM.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and select Virtual Machines from the left panel.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, filter the list of virtual machines from the Look in drop-down menu.
- From the Actions menu of the virtual machine you want to copy, select Copy to.
- Select the destination vApp to which you want to copy the virtual machine, and click Next.
- Configure the resources, such as name of the virtual machine and computer name, and, optionally, the storage policy and NICs, and click Next.
Important: The computer name can contain only alphanumeric characters and hyphens. It cannot consist of digits only and cannot contain spaces.
- On the Ready to Complete page review your settings and click Done.