You can connect to the console of a virtual machine even if you do not have VMware Remote Console installed on your local system.
- Verify that the virtual machine is powered on.
- This operation requires the rights included in the predefined vApp User role or an equivalent set of rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and select Virtual Machines from the left panel.
- Click to view the list in a card view and, optionally, filter the list of virtual machines from the Look in drop-down menu.
- From the Actions menu of the virtual machine, select Launch Web Console.
The virtual machine console opens in a new browser tab by using the VMware HTML Console SDK.
What to do next
Click anywhere inside the console window to start using your mouse, keyboard, and other input devices in the console.
Note: For information about supported international keyboards, see the VMware HTML Console SDK Documentation at https://www.vmware.com/support/developer/html-console/.