You can configure certain vApp networks to provide DHCP services to virtual machines in the vApp.
When you enable DHCP for a vApp network, connect a NIC on virtual machine in the vApp to that network, and select DHCP as the IP mode for that NIC. vCloud Director assigns a DHCP IP address to the virtual machine when you power it on.
A routed vApp network or an isolated vApp network.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select vApps from the left panel.
- Click to view the vApps in a card view.
- In the card of the selected virtual appliance, click Details.
- On the Networks tab, click a network to view the network details.
- On the IP Management tab, click DHCP.
The DHCP status is displayed.
- Click Edit.
- Click Enabled.
- In the IP Pool text box, enter a range of IP addresses.
vCloud Director uses these addresses to satisfy DHCP requests. The range of DHCP IP addresses cannot overlap with the static IP pool for the vApp network.
- Set the default and maximum lease time in seconds.
- Click Save.