You can change the interface of a network from internal to subinterface or distributed routing, for example, by editing the network properties.
This operation requires the rights included in the predefined Organization Administrator role or an equivalent set of rights.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select Networks from the left panel.
- Click the name of the network that you want to convert.
- Click the name of the organization VDC network that you want to edit.
- On the General tab, click Edit.
- Click Connection.
- From the Interface Type drop-down menu, select the interface type.
Option Description Internal Connects to one of the Edge gateway's internal interfaces.
The maximum number of networks that are allowed is 9.
Distributed Creates the network on a distributed logical router connected to this edge gateway.
The maximum number of networks that are allowed is 400.
Subinterface Extends an organization VDC network. vCloud Director identifies the network to use to extend through L2 VPN.
vCloud Director, with the help of NSX network virtualization, creates a trunk interface type for this network. The maximum number of networks that are allowed is 200.
- Click Save.