To connect to an external network by a direct route, System administrators can set up a direct connection.
If you log in to the vCloud Director Tenant Portal as an organization administrator and attempt to create a direct organization virtual data center network, you receive a warning message that you have insufficient rights.
This operation is restricted to system administrators.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select Networks from the left panel.
- Click Add.
- On the Select Network Type page, select Direct and click Next.
- Enter a meaningful name for your organization VDC network.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the organization VDC network.
- (Optional) To make the organization VDC network available to other organization VDCs within the same organization, toggle on the Shared option.
- On the External Network Connection page, select the external network to which you want your new organization virtual data center network to connect directly, and click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, review the organization VDC network settings that you have provided, and click Finish.