System administrators can create an organization VDC network by importing a logical switch from an associated NSX-T Manager instance.
- This operation is restricted to system administrators.
- The provider virtual data center that backs the target organization virtual data center must be associated with an NSX-T Manager instance.
- The system administrator must create at least one NSX-T logical switch that is not in use by other organization virtual data center networks.
For information about creating and configuring NSX-T logical switches, see the NSX-T Administration Guide.
- On the Virtual Datacenters dashboard screen, click the card of the virtual data center you want to explore, and select Networks from the left panel.
- Click Add.
- On the Select Network Type page, select Import and click Next.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the new organization VDC network, and click Next.
- From the list of available NSX-T logical switches, select the target switch by clicking the radio button next to the switch name, and click Next.
- Enter the network Classless Inter-Domain Routing (CIDR) settings.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/subnet_prefix_length, for example, 22.214.171.124/24.
If the switch is configured with a subnet, this information is prepopulated.
- (Optional) Configure the DNS settings and the static IP pool.
You can add multiple IP addresses and IP ranges.
- Click Next.
- Review the Ready to Complete page and click Finish.