vCloud Director 10.0.0.1 for Service Providers | 14 JAN 2020 | Build 15450333 (installed build 15449638)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in this Document
- What's New
- System Requirements and Installation
- Previous Releases of vCloud Director 10.0 for Service Providers
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
The vCloud Director 10.0.0.1 for Service Providers Patch Release provides bug fixes, updates the vCloud Director appliance base OS and the vCloud Director open-source components.
System Requirements and Installation
For more information about system requirements and installation instructions, see vCloud Director 10.0 for Service Providers Release Notes.
To access the full set of product documentation, go to VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers Documentation.
Previous Releases of vCloud Director 10.0 for Service Providers
- In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, the vApp details page does not display the external IP address
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you select the card of the virtual data center you want to explore and navigate to vApps > Details, the dashboard with the vApps details does not display the External IP Address under Networks column.
- The New Organization VDC Network wizard might not display all edge gateways on the Edge connection page
When creating a routed organization VDC network, the vCloud Director Tenant Portal UI might not display all of the edge gateways to connect to.
- After removing the default static route IP address for an edge gateway, all of its associated static routes are automatically deleted
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal or in the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, when you remove the default static route IP address for an edge gateway, all of the associated static routes are deleted from the Static Routes page.
- When you enable the Syn Flood protection through the NSX API, any firewall change in vCloud Director disables the SynFlood protection
After enabling the SynFlood protection by executing requests to the NSX API, subsequent firewall changes to the edge gateway revert the
- Relocation of a VM from one datastore to another fails
When you try to relocate a VM from one datastore to another by using APIs, the operation fails with an error message.
com.vmware.vcloud.api.presentation.service.InternalServerErrorException: Internal Server Error > at com.vmware.vcloud.common.future.FutureUtil.convertExecutionException(FutureUtil.java:219) > at com.vmware.vcloud.common.future.FutureUtil.waitForFuture(FutureUtil.java:118)
- Searching after a vApp template name by using the vCloud Director global search fails with an error message
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you search after a vApp template by using the vCloud Director global search, you receive a
Invalid UUID stringerror message and you cannot proceed further.
- You cannot register a vSphere lookup service in the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal
In the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, when you try to register a vSphere lookup service, the registration fails with an error message.
vCloud Director is not registered with Lookup Service.
- You cannot unregister a vSphere lookup service from the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal
In the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, when you try to unregister a vSphere lookup service, the operation fails with an error message.
500 Server Error
- You cannot open the virtual machine console from the vCloud Director appliance
In the vCloud Director appliance, when you navigate to your organization > My Cloud > vApps, the VM icon is not displayed under Console, and you cannot open the VM console.
- Increasing a VM memory fails with an error message
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you try to increase the memory of a VM, you receive an error message.
Total available resources could not be determined for reservation
- Excessive CPU usage causes a slowdown in performance of the vCloud Director appliance
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer to access the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you open a VM console, you observe a degradation in the performance of the vCloud Director due to excessive CPU usage.
- New When you associate two vCloud Director appliance sites, pre-existing objects are not visible across the sites
If you make a site association and your sites have pre-existing objects like organizations, organization VDCs, vApps, VMs, you cannot see the pre-existing objects across sites. The HTML 5 UI displays an Internal server error message. The issue occurs during multisite fanout communication because the
/etc/hostsfile of the vCloud Director appliance does not have correct contents.
- Quiescing or pausing the primary cell in a multi-cell environment does not restart the periodical tasks on the secondary cell
In a multi-cell environment, when you quiesce or pause the primary cell, the periodical tasks that are running in the background of the primary cell are not started from the secondary cell.
Workaround: Restart the vCloud Director services on the cell.
- In the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, deletion of an organization Virtual Data Center fails with a Cannot delete organization VDC network error message
In the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, you add an edge gateway to your organization virtual data center and enable the gateway to provide vCloud Director Distributed Routing.
When you try to delete the organization virtual data center recursively, the deletion fails with a
Cannot delete organization VDC networkerror message.
Workaround: To delete the organization VDC, follow the steps.
- By using API, delete the organization VDC networks and the edge gateways associated with the organization VDC that you want to delete.
- By using API, delete the organization VDC.
- If you disable the provider access to the legacy API login endpoint, all API integrations that rely on the system administrator login stop working, including vCloud Usage Meter and vCloud Availability for vCloud Director
Starting with vCloud Director 10.0, you can use separate vCloud Director OpenAPI login endpoints for service provider and tenant access to vCloud Director. If the service provider access to the legacy
/api/sessionsendpoint is disabled, it causes products that integrate with vCloud Director, like vCloud Usage Meter and vCloud Availability for vCloud Director, to stop working. These products will require a patch to continue to operate.
The issue affects only system administrators. The tenant login is not affected.
Workaround: Re-enable the service provider access to the legacy
/api/sessionsendpoint by using the cell management tool.
- When you change the reservation guarantee values of a VDC, the existing VMs are not updated accordingly even after a reboot
If you have a flex organization VDC with the system default policy and powered-on virtual machines on that VDC are with the default sizing policy, when you increase the resource guarantee value of the VDC, the resource reservation for the existing VMs is not updated and they are also not marked as non-compliant. The issue occurs also when you convert a legacy VDC allocation model to a flex allocation model and the existing VMs become non-compliant with the new default policy of the flex organization VDC after the conversion.
- To display the non-compliant VMs in the vCloud Director UI, perform an explicit compliance check against the VMs by using the vCloud API.
- To reapply the policy and reconfigure the resource reservations, in the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, click Make VM Compliant for a non-compliant VM.
- vCloud Director displays incorrect information about running and total VMs and CPU and memory stats in dedicated vCenter Server instances
If a dedicated vCenter Server is version 6.0 U3i or earlier, 6.5U2 or earlier, or 6.7U1 or earlier, vCloud Director displays incorrect information about running VMs, total VMs, and CPU and memory statistical information in the vCenter Server instance. The dedicated vCenter Server tile in the Tenant Portal and the dedicated vCenter Server information in the Service Provider Admin Portal display zero for both running and total VMs, even when there are virtual machines in the vSphere environment.
Workaround: Upgrade the vCenter Server instance to version 6.0 U3j, 6.5U3, 6.7U2 or later.
- If the current primary cell is healthy, you cannot promote a standby cell to primary by using the appliance management user interface
If the primary node is healthy, the Promote button in the appliance management UI does not work.
Workaround: Switch the roles of the primary and a standby by using the Replication Manager Tool suite. For more information, see Switch the Roles of the Primary and a Standby Cell in a Database High Availability Cluster.
- Updating a VM sizing policy fails with a memory allocation error
If you convert an allocation-pool VDC to a flex organization VDC, vCloud Director keeps the maximum policy information from the allocation-pool VDC before the conversion. CPU or memory reservation guarantees higher than the reservations defined in the allocation-pool VDC fail with a
Virtual machine reservation or limit or shares settings are invaliderror.
Workaround: Log in as a system administrator and set a new maximum policy with the new resource reservation guarantees.
- Used NICs count in edge gateways grid is incorrect for NSX-T Edge Gateways
For NSX-T organization VDC edge gateways, the number of used NICs displayed in the Edge Gateways page of the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal is incorrect.The issue does not affect the functionality itself.
- Cannot configure the system to use a SAML identity provider by using the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal
After you configure your system to use a SAML identity provider by using the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal, you cannot log in again to the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal.
Workaround: Configure your system to use a SAML identity provider by using the vCloud Director Web Console.
- In the tenant H5 UI, not all organization VDC networks are displayed when adding an organization VDC network to a vApp
In the tenant H5 UI, when you try to select an organization VDC network to add to a vApp, the H5 UI does not display the full network list. This is observed only with shared organization VDC networks when a multi-clustered backed PVDC is used.
Workaround: Use vCloud Director Web console (Flex UI).
- Cannot access an SDDC proxy if vCloud Director uses legacy self signed certificates
After the upgrade to vCloud Director 9.7, connecting to an SDDC proxy might fail with the error message:
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate. This issue happens if you generated the self signed certificates by using the cell management tool in vCloud Director 9.5 or earlier.
Workaround: After the upgrade to vCloud Director 9.7, regenerate and update the self signed certificates.
- After the upgrade to vCloud Director 9.7 (vCloud API v.32.0), custom links that you added by using branding OpenAPI calls are removed
In vCloud API v.32.0, type
UiBrandingLinkthat is used for custom links is replaced by type
UiBrandingMenuItem. These types have different elements. This change is backward incompatible. As a result, API calls from versions 31.0 or earlier that attempt to process or set
Workaround: Update your API calls to the new data type.
- Changing the compute policy of a powered on VM might fail
When trying to change the compute policy of a powered on VM, if the new compute policy is associated with a provider VDC compute policy that has VM Groups or Logical VM Groups, an error occurs. The error message contains:
Underlying system error: com.vmware.vim.binding.vim.fault.VmHostAffinityRuleViolation.
Workaround: Power off the VM, and retry the operation.
- When using the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal with Firefox, you cannot load the tenant networking screens
If you are using the vCloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal with Firefox, the tenant networking screens, for example, the Manage Firewall screen for an organization virtual data center, might fail to load. This issue happens if your Firefox browser is configured to block Third-Party cookies.
Workaround: Configure your Firefox browser to allow third-party cookies.
- vCloud Director 9.7 supports only a list of input parameters of vRealize Orchestrator workflows
vCloud Director 9.7 supports the following input parameters of vRealize Orchestrator workflows:
- A fast-provisioned virtual machine created on a VMware vSphere Storage APIs Array Integration (VAAI) enabled NFS array, or vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVols) cannot be consolidated
In-place consolidation of a fast provisioned virtual machine is not supported when a native snapshot is used. Native snapshots are always used by VAAI-enabled datastores, as well as by VVols. When a fast-provisioned virtual machine is deployed to one of these storage containers, that virtual machine cannot be consolidated .
Workaround: Do not enable fast provisioning for an organization VDC that uses VAAI-enabled NFS or VVols. To consolidate a virtual machine with a snapshot on a VAAI or a VVol datastore, relocate the virtual machine to a different storage container.
- Org VDC network status is blank
In the H5 tenant portal, the status of some old operational Org VDC networks appears as blank.
Workaround: Change a property of the Org VDC network (e.g. description) and save it.
- Organization VDC network cannot be deleted from the Tenant portal
You have added a VDC network to a vApp and you have connected the same vApp to a virtual machine.
When you try to delete the organization VDC network in the tenant portal, you receive an error message and you cannot proceed with the deletion.
This network is in use.
Workaround: To delete the organization VDC network follow the steps.
- In vCloud Director Web console, navigate to System > Organizations, and select your organization name.
A window with all vApps, associated to your organization opens.
- Select the organization VDC vApp and navigate to the Networking tab.
- Right-click the organization VDC network you want to delete and select Delete.
- To delete the organization VDC network, click Apply.
- In vCloud Director Web console, navigate to System > Organizations, and select your organization name.
- When creating an Anti-Affinity Rule in the vCloud Director tenant portal, the UI displays empty virtual machine list
When you try to create an Anti-Affinity rule in the vCloud Director tenant portal, you cannot select a virtual machine to add to the rule because the virtual machine selection list is empty.
Workaround: To create an Anti-Affinity Rule, use the vCloud Director Web console.
- Newly created virtual machines are deployed on the organization VDC default storage policy
In the vCloud Director Tenant Portal, when you create a new standalone virtual machine, the option to specify the storage policy is missing. As a result the created virtual machine is deployed with the default storage policy of the organization VDC.
Workaround: After you create the virtual machine, go to the resulted virtual machine properties and change the storage policy.