To register an NSX Data Center for vSphere transport zone for VMware Cloud Director to use, add a VXLAN-backed network pool.
Create an NSX Data Center for vSphere transport zone on any vCenter Server registered to VMware Cloud Director. See the NSX Administration Guide.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, select Network Pools and click New.
- Enter a name and, optionally, a description for the new network pool, and click Next.
- Select VXLAN-backed and click Next.
- Select a vCenter Server instance to specify the VXLAN transport zone to be used by this network pool, and click Next.
- Select an NSX Data Center for vSphere transport zone to back the new network pool, and click Next.
Note: To create a universal network pool for cross-virtual data center networking, select a UNIVERSAL_VXLAN type transport zone.
- Review the network pool settings and click Finish.
What to do next
Create an organization VDC network that is backed by the network pool or associate the network pool with an organization VDC and create vApp networks.