To integrate VMware Cloud Director with your NSX Advanced Load Balancer deployment, you register Controller instances with your VMware Cloud Director instance.
Controller instances serve as a central control plane for the load-balancing services provided by NSX Advanced Load Balancer.
Install and configure NSX Advanced Load Balancer with your NSX-T Data Center instance.
For information on how to configure NSX Advanced Load Balancer with NSX-T, see Avi Integration with NSX-T.
- From the top navigation bar, under Resources, click Infrastructure Resources.
- Click NSX-ALB and then click Controllers.
- To add a controller, click Add.
- If you are using a multisite deployment, from the drop-down menu, select a site in which to register the Controller.
- Register the Controller instance.
- Enter a meaningful name and, optionally, a description for the Controller instance.
- Enter the URL of the Controller.
For example, https://FQDN-or-IP-address.
- Enter the user name and password for the Controller.
- Click Save.