A system administrator can edit the maximum number of supported virtual services and the number of reserved virtual services for a service engine group.
After you sync a service engine group, if the new maximum number of supported virtual services is lower than the number of reserved virtual services, the service engine group is marked as overallocated.
If a service engine group is overallocated, the creation of a new virtual service might fail, even if the edge gateway on which you create the virtual service has enough reserved capacity.
To avoid failure of virtual service creation, when you edit the settings of a service engine group, do not reduce the maximum number of supported virtual services below the number of initially reserved virtual services.
Verify that you are a system administrator.
- Enable load balancer on the NSX-T Data Center edge gateway.
- Assign a Service Engine Group to an NSX-T Data Center Edge Gateway.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways.
- Click the NSX-T Data Center edge gateway to which the service engine group is assigned.
- Under Load Balancer, click Service Engine Groups.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the number for the maximum allowed virtual services that the edge gateway can use.
Do not reduce the number unless mandatory. Otherwise, you might face failures when you create virtual services.
- Edit the number for the guaranteed virtual services available to the edge gateway.
- Click Save.