If the connection information for an attached vCenter Server instance changes, or if you want to change its name and description in VMware Cloud Director, or its compute provider scope, you can modify its settings.
You can modify the settings that you configured when adding the vCenter Server instance. See Add the vCenter Server Instance.
- From the top navigation bar, under Resources, click Infrastructure Resources.
- In the left pane, click vCenter Server Instances and click the name of the vCenter Server instance that you want to modify.
- In the upper right corner of the vCenter Server Info section, click Edit.
- (Optional) Edit the instance name and description.
- (Optional) Edit the compute provider scope for the vCenter Server
The compute provider scope represents compute fault domains, or availability zones which are visible to tenants and where workloads reside. By default, the compute provider scope of a provider virtual data center is inherited from the backing vCenter Server instance. You can differentiate the compute provider scope for the different provider VDCs that are backed by a single vCenter Server instance. For example, you can set the vCenter Server with a compute provider scope Germany and you can set the provider VDC with a scope Munich.
- (Optional) Edit the URL for the vCenter Server instance.
- (Optional) Edit the user name and password for the vCenter Server administrator account.
- (Optional) Turn on or off the Enabled toggle.
- (Optional) Configure the URL of the vCenter Server web client.
- Click Save.