By using route advertisement, you can create a fully routed network environment in an organization virtual data center (VDC).
If a subnet is not added to the advertisement filter, the route to it is not advertised to the external network and the subnet remains private.
Route advertisement is automatically configured on the NSX-T Data Center edge gateway.VMware Cloud Director supports automatic route redistribution when you use route advertisement on an NSX-T edge gateway. Route redistribution is automatically configured on the tier-0 logical router which represents the dedicated external network.
Verify that you have dedicated an external network to an NSX-T Data Center edge gateway in the organization. See Dedicated External Networks.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Edge Gateways, and click the name of the target edge gateway.
- Under Routing, click Route Advertisement and Edit.
- To add a subnet to be advertised, click Add.
- Add an IPv4 or IPv6 subnet.
Use the format network_gateway_IP_address/ subnet_prefix_length, for example, 18.104.22.168/24.