You can edit a user-defined security tag.
If you change the environment or function of a virtual machine, you might also want to use a different security tag so that firewall rules are correct for the new machine configuration. For example, if you have a virtual machine where you no longer store sensitive data, you might want to assign a different security tag so that firewall rules that apply to sensitive data is no longer run against the virtual machine.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- In the left panel, click Organization VDCs.
- Click the radio button next to the target organization virtual data center, and click Manage Firewall.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- From the list of security tags, select the security tag that you want to edit.
- Click the Edit () button.
- Edit the name and the description of the security tag.
- Assign the tag to or remove the assignment from the virtual machines that you select.
- To save your changes, click Keep.
What to do next
If you edit a security tag, you might also need to edit an associated security group or firewall rules. For more information about security groups, see Working with Security Groups.