Starting with VMware Cloud Director 10.2.2, you can edit and change the scope of a VM placement policy.
- From the top navigation bar, select Resources and click Cloud Resources.
- From the left panel, select VM Placement Policies.
- Select a VM placement policy, and click Edit.
- (Optional) On the What is VM Placement policy page of the wizard, select the check box to stop showing the VM placement policy information.
- Click Next.
- Edit the name for the VM placement policy and, optionally, the description.
- Edit the VM groups and logical VM groups to which you want the VM to be linked and click Next.
You can select one VM group per cluster. You cannot deselect clusters that are currently in use, for example, when you publish the placement policy to an organization VDC.
- Review the VM placement policy settings and click Finish.